(1) Complete your HIPAA training online here.
(2) Complete your CITI training online here.
(3) Take the online RARC training module for ‘Animal User Orientation’ here.
(4) Take the online ‘Safety for Personnel with Animal Contact’ course on Canvas here.
(5) Complete and submit the following 3 forms in the following order:
(i) ‘OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE: Authorization for Release of Occupational Health Records’ form
(ii) ‘OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE: Privacy Notice and Consent to Treat’ form
(iii) ‘Animal Contact Risk Questionnaire (ACRQ)’ form
You will need to be logged into your myUHS in order to find, complete, and submit these forms. If you are a student or a paid employee, you will automatically have a myUHS account and will be able to sign in with your netID here. (If you are NOT a student or a paid employee, you will need to first set up your myUHS account here.) Once you are logged into myUHS, complete the forms using the following directions:
- Click on “Medical Clearances” on left-hand side of the screen
- Click on ‘OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE: Authorization for Release of Occupational Health Records’
- Complete and submit the form
- Go back to ‘Medical Clearances’ section of myUHS.
- This time click on ‘OCCUPATIONAL MEDICINE: Privacy Notice and Consent to Treat’
- Complete and submit the form
- Go back to the main page your myUHS account.
- Click on “Message” in the left-hand column
- Click on “New Message”
- Select ‘Questionnaires & Forms’
- Select ‘Occupational Medicine (ACRQ, RMEQ, SPLAAAF, Tb etc)’
- Select ‘ACRQ – Animal Contact Risk Assessment Questionnaire’
- Complete form and submit
(6) Please send us an email (email@example.com) to let us know you have successfully completed steps 1-5 above. At this point, we’ll make sure that you are added to our protocol.
(7) Once you are officially listed on the protocol, schedule the one-on-one, in-person RARC training ‘Surgery Fundamentals‘. You’ll need to email the trainer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule this. The trainer might then require that you complete other online modules prior to the in-person training (e.g., the ‘Mouse’, ‘Rat’, ‘Anesthesia’ and/or ‘Aseptic technique’ Closed Access modules). Please email us (email@example.com) the date that you will be taking the training.
(8) Complete your scheduled in-person Surgery Fundamentals training.
(9) Complete BRMS online orientation, Microisolator Online Training, and complete a BRMS Request for Access Form (in order to gain keycard access specifically to our animal facilities). The online orientation/training consists of reading through this BRMS document and following the proper links. Link to Microisolator Online Training can be found in the BRMS document above. Please also download and then fill out this BRMS Request for Access Form. To save time, I’ve populated some of the fields for you. Email the completed form to Richard Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc email@example.com
(10) Schedule a walk-through tour of our animal facility. You can do this by emailing Richard Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling him at 608-262-7566.